I found Apture while reading Inc.com’s “30 Under 30” article. It’s such an amazing tool for bloggers that I have to share it. Ready for a little demonstration? By the way, this might not work if you’re using a feed reader; you might want to click back to the actual post.
First, you can embed links that pop out an info window, like the ones I posted above. Click the links to see what I mean. The benefit here is that you give readers an informational snippet without them leaving your website.
Secondly, you can embed an object along with tons of other content in the form of thumbnails.
- As the main object, I chose this awesome picture I took of the French Quarter from the rooftop lounge of our hotel.
- The first thumbnail below that is an image of crawfish bubbling away in a huge pot right on the sidewalk of the French Quarter. Click on it and it’ll pop right out.
- Then, click the next thumbnail to read about the Omni, the hotel we took the rooftop picture from. The Omni Royal Orleans has the most incredible staff.
- The third thumbnail shows you the most amazing plantation on the Mississippi. Two rows of giant oaks lead to a plantation built in the 1800’s. It’s breathtaking.
- Then, another cool pic of Londy and the St. Louis Cathedral in the background.
- Next, you can read a Wikipedia article about creole food, which is the only reason we went to New Orleans!
- And lastly, Mother’s Restaurant, where we gorged ourselves with po-boys, crawfish étouffée, jambalaya and bread pudding.
As you can see, this tool is a beautiful and clean way to add a gallery of content to your blog and give visitors more information without having them leave your website.
Other content options include YouTube videos, which play right on the pop-up window, along with documents, audio files, articles, and even google map locations.
It’s free to download and very easy to install so go have some fun. If you need help of have questions I’m happy to help!