I know some people don’t like to hear about the holidays as early as September, but if you’re considering do-it-yourself gifts this year to save a little money, you have to start planning early!
That said, bookmark this page because by December I will have posted all the best DIY gift ideas the web has to offer. I’ll post DIY gift ideas for your mother, sister, brother, husband, kids and everyone in between. And, if you have any great ideas or spot a DIY gift tutorial please post it in the comments and I’ll add it to the list.
1. How to make a MONOGRAM STENCILED CANVAS TOTE: Cost – $12
Supplies: canvas tote, fabric paint, paper doily, adhesive spray, sponge brush
Find detailed instruction at Tidy Mom.
2. How to make a HARDWARE CHESS SET: Cost $16 and up
Supplies: Nut, bolts and screws, rustoleum paint, felt stickers, chess board or wooden board
Find detailed instructions at Dollar Store Crafts.
3. How to make a CARGO SCARF: cost $15 or less
Supplies: outer fabric, lining fabric, decorative trim, elastic, ruler, chalk, iron, sewing machine
Find detailed instructions at Instructables.
4. How to make WOOL WRAPPED BANGLES: Cost $10 or less
Supplies: plastic bangle bracelets, yarn, scissors, fabric glue, clothespin
Find detailed instructions at MarthaStewart.com
5. How to make a SHADOW BOX FRAME: Cost $5 and up
Supplies: 3 wood frames, Wood glue or Liquid Nails, Wood filler , Clamps or painters tape, Painters tape , Spray paint, scrapbooking paper, Something to put in your box, Pliers, Craft knife
Find detailed instructions at Craftastical
6. How to make a TOASTER PASTRY iPOD COZY: Cost $5 or less
Supplies: Felt material, thread, beads, pins, sewing needle
Find detailed instructions at the DIY Network
7. How to make SHAPED RUBBER BAND SOAP: Cost $7
Supplies: Shaped rubber bands, melt & pour soap, fragrance oil, lidded molds
Find detailed instructions at Dollar Store Crafts
8. How to make a CHALKBOARD SILHOUETTE MUG: Cost $10 or less
Supplies: White mug, chalkboard paint, spray adhesive, sticky paper
Find detailed instructions at Craft Werk
9. How to make an ERASER RING: Cost $1
Supplies: eraser, drill
Find detailed instructions at Cute Little Disaster