By Justin Seitz
Python is quick turning into the programming language of selection for hackers, opposite engineers, and software program testers simply because it is easy to jot down fast, and it has the low-level aid and libraries that make hackers satisfied. yet previously, there was no genuine handbook on tips to use Python for various hacking initiatives. You needed to dig via discussion board posts and guy pages, eternally tweaking your personal code to get every little thing operating. now not anymore.
Gray Hat Python explains the strategies at the back of hacking instruments and methods like debuggers, trojans, fuzzers, and emulators. yet writer Justin Seitz is going past conception, exhibiting you ways to harness current Python-based defense instruments - and the way to construct your personal whilst the pre-built ones will not reduce it.
You'll learn the way to:
- Automate tedious reversing and safeguard tasks
- Design and software your individual debugger
- Learn tips on how to fuzz home windows drivers and create robust fuzzers from scratch
- Have enjoyable with code and library injection, smooth and difficult hooking options, and different software program trickery
- Sniff safe site visitors out of an encrypted net browser session
- Use PyDBG, Immunity Debugger, Sulley, IDAPython, PyEMU, and more
The world's top hackers are utilizing Python to do their handiwork. will not you?
By Marty Alchin
You’ve realized the fundamentals of Python, yet how do you are taking your talents to the following degree? whether you recognize adequate to be efficient, there are various beneficial properties which could take you to the subsequent point in Python. seasoned Python, moment variation explores thoughts and contours as a rule left to experimentation, permitting you to be much more efficient and creative.
In addition to natural code matters, professional Python develops your programming thoughts and methods, to be able to assist in making you a greater Python programmer. This ebook will increase not just your code but additionally your realizing and interplay with the various tested Python communities.
This ebook takes your Python wisdom and coding abilities to the subsequent point. It indicates you ways to put in writing fresh, cutting edge code that would be revered through your friends. With this e-book, make your code do extra with introspection and meta-programming. And research and later use the nuts and bolts of an program, tier-by-tier as a posh case examine alongside the way.
For additional info, together with a hyperlink to the resource code referenced within the e-book, please stopover at http://propython.com/.
What you’ll learn
- Write powerful Python code that may be revered within the Python community
- Understand the explanations at the back of colossal layout judgements in Python
- Write courses that could reconfigure themselves in Python
- Disguise your code as kinds of items in Python
- Inspect almost about any item in Python
- Prepare your code for overseas audiences
- Ensure code caliber with rigorous testing
Who this publication is for
This booklet is for intermediate to complicated Python programmers who're trying to know the way and why Python works how it does and the way they could take their code to the subsequent level.
By Kent D. Lee
This easy-to-follow and classroom-tested textbook courses the reader during the basics of programming with Python, an obtainable language that are realized incrementally. positive aspects: incudes quite a few examples and perform routines through the textual content, with extra workouts, ideas and evaluate questions on the finish of every bankruptcy; highlights the styles which often seem whilst writing courses, reinforcing the applying of those styles for problem-solving via perform routines; introduces using a debugger software to examine a software, permitting scholars to find for themselves how courses paintings and improve their knowing; provides the Tkinter framework for development graphical person interface purposes and event-driven courses; presents tutorial video clips and extra details for college students, in addition to aid fabrics for teachers, at an linked website.
By Michael T. Goodrich
Based at the authors’ marketplace top info buildings books in Java and C++, this book bargains a entire, definitive advent to facts buildings in Python by way of authoritative authors. Data constructions and Algorithms in Python is the 1st authoritative object-oriented publication to be had for Python information buildings. Designed to supply a finished advent to information constructions and algorithms, together with their layout, research, and implementation, the textual content will hold an analogous basic constitution as Data buildings and Algorithms in Java and Data buildings and Algorithms in C++.
- Begins by way of discussing Python’s conceptually easy syntax, which permits for a better specialise in concepts.
- Employs a constant object-oriented standpoint through the text.
- Presents each one info constitution utilizing ADTs and their respective implementations and introduces very important layout styles as a method to arrange these implementations into sessions, tools, and objects.
- Provides a radical dialogue at the research and layout of primary information structures.
- Includes many beneficial Python code examples, with resource code supplied at the website.
- Uses illustrations to offer facts buildings and algorithms, in addition to their research, in a transparent, visible manner.
- Provides 1000s of workouts that advertise creativity, support readers easy methods to imagine like programmers, and toughen very important concepts.
- Contains many Python-code and pseudo-code fragments, and hundreds and hundreds of routines, that are divided into approximately forty% reinforcement routines, forty% creativity workouts, and 20% programming projects.
By Eric Matthes
Python Crash Course is a fast moving, thorough creation to programming with Python that may have you ever writing courses, fixing difficulties, and making issues that paintings in no time.
In the 1st half the ebook, you will find out about easy programming innovations, reminiscent of lists, dictionaries, periods, and loops, and perform writing fresh and readable code with routines for every subject. you will additionally easy methods to make your courses interactive and the way to check your code properly earlier than including it to a venture. within the moment 1/2 the e-book, you will positioned your new wisdom into perform with 3 sizeable initiatives: an area Invaders-inspired arcade video game, info visualizations with Python's super-handy libraries, and an easy internet app you could installation online.
As you're employed via Python Crash Course, you are going to learn the way to:
- Use strong Python libraries and instruments, together with matplotlib, NumPy, and Pygal
- Make 2nd video games that reply to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that develop more challenging because the online game progresses
- Work with info to generate interactive visualizations
- Create and customise uncomplicated net apps and installation them competently online
- Deal with errors and error so that you can remedy your personal programming problems
If you have been pondering heavily approximately digging into programming, Python Crash Course gets you on top of things and feature you writing actual courses quickly. Why wait any more? begin your engines and code!
By Victor Romero
Leverage common expressions in Python even for the main advanced features
About This Book
- Explore the workings of normal Expressions in Python
- Learn all approximately optimizing general expressions utilizing RegexBuddy
- Full of functional and step by step examples, assistance for functionality, and options for performance-related difficulties confronted by way of clients everywhere in the world
Who This ebook Is For
This ebook is aimed toward Python builders who are looking to how one can leverage standard Expressions in Python. easy wisdom of Python is needed for a greater understanding.
What you are going to Learn
- Explore the commonplace expressions syntax
- Improve the clarity and destiny upkeep of the regex
- Find strategies for common issues of average expressions
- Familiarize your self with fit and seek operations
- Leverage the go searching strategy to create robust average expressions
- Gain perception at the makes use of of Groups
- Get to grasp how the regex engine works in the course of the Backtracking process
- Enhance the functionality of your average expressions
Regular expressions are utilized by many textual content editors, utilities, and programming languages to look and control textual content in line with styles. they're thought of the Swiss military knife of textual content processing. robust seek, substitute, extraction and validation of strings, repetitive and intricate projects are lowered to an easy development utilizing standard expressions.
Mastering Python typical Expressions will educate you approximately common Expressions, ranging from the fundamentals, regardless of the language getting used, after which it is going to enable you use them in Python. you'll research the finer information of what Python helps and the way to do it, and the variations among Python 2.x and Python 3.x.
The publication begins with a basic assessment of the idea at the back of the standard expressions to persist with with an summary of the Python regex module implementation, after which strikes directly to complicated issues like grouping, taking a look round, and performance.
You will discover the way to leverage normal Expressions in Python, a few complex points of normal Expressions and in addition tips to degree and increase their functionality. you'll get a greater figuring out of the operating of alternators and quantifiers. additionally, you'll understand the significance of grouping earlier than ultimately relocating directly to functionality optimization ideas just like the RegexBuddy device and Backtracking.
Mastering Python usual Expressions presents all of the details crucial for a greater realizing of normal Expressions in Python.
- Learn how you can paintings with numerous info and create attractive maps utilizing this easy-to-follow guide.
- Give a marginally of professionalism in your maps either for performance and feel and appear with assistance from this functional guide.
- A revolutionary hands-on consultant that builds on a geo-spatial facts and provides extra reactive maps by utilizing geometry tools.
QGIS is a uncomplicated open resource geographic info approach (GIS) that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, and home windows. the recognition of open resource geographic info platforms and QGIS particularly has been growing to be quickly over the past few years.
Learning QGIS 3rd version is a realistic, hands-on consultant up-to-date for QGIS 2.14 that gives you with transparent, step by step workouts that will help you practice your GIS wisdom to QGIS. via transparent, functional routines, this publication will introduce you to operating with QGIS speedy and painlessly.
This e-book takes you from fitting and configuring QGIS to dealing with spatial info to making nice maps. you are going to find out how to load and visualize present spatial information and create info from scratch. you'll get to grasp vital plugins, practice universal geoprocessing and spatial research projects and automate them with Processing.
We will disguise find out how to in attaining nice cartographic output and print maps. eventually, you are going to the right way to expand QGIS utilizing Python or even create your individual plugin.
What you are going to learn
- Install QGIS and get acquainted with the consumer interface
- Load vector and raster facts from records, databases, and internet services
- Create, visualize, and edit spatial data
- Perform geoprocessing initiatives and automate them
- Create complex cartographic outputs
- Design nice print maps
- Expand QGIS utilizing Python
About the Author
Anita Graser studied geomatics on the college of technologies Wiener Neustadt, Austria, from the place she graduated with a master's measure in 2010. in the course of her reports, she received hands-on event within the fields of geo-marketing and transportation study. on account that 2007, she has been operating as a geographic details structures (GIS) specialist with the dynamic transportation structures crew on the Austrian Institute of know-how (AIT), the place she makes a speciality of examining and visualizing spatio-temporal information. Anita serves at the OSGeo board of administrators and the QGIS undertaking guidance committee. She has been operating with GIS due to the fact 2005, presents QGIS education classes, and writes a favored web publication on open resource GIS at anitagraser.com.
Table of Contents
- Getting all started with QGIS
- Viewing Spatial Data
- Data construction and Editing
- Spatial Analysis
- Creating nice Maps
- Extending QGIS with Python
Regular expressions are a really robust instrument for manipulating textual content and knowledge. they're now average beneficial properties in a variety of languages and renowned instruments, together with Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, VB.NET and C# (and any language utilizing the .NET Framework), Hypertext Preprocessor, and MySQL.
If you do not use average expressions but, you can find during this booklet an entire new global of mastery over your info. if you happen to already use them, you will savor this book's remarkable element and breadth of insurance. should you imagine you recognize all you must learn about regularexpressions, this e-book is a gorgeous eye-opener.
As this ebook indicates, a command of normal expressions is a useful ability. usual expressions let you code complicated and refined textual content processing that you just by no means imagined might be computerized. general expressions can prevent time and aggravation. they are often used to craft dependent ideas to a variety of difficulties. as soon as you've gotten mastered common expressions, they're going to develop into a useful a part of your toolkit. you are going to ask yourself the way you ever acquired via with no them.
Yet regardless of their huge availability, flexibility, and extraordinary energy, average expressions are usually underutilized. but what's strength within the fingers of a professional will be fraught with peril for the unwary. Mastering common Expressions can assist you navigate the minefield to changing into knowledgeable and assist you optimize your use of normal expressions.
Mastering typical Expressions, 3rd version, now incorporates a complete bankruptcy dedicated to Hypertext Preprocessor and its strong and expressive suite of standard expression capabilities, as well as superior personal home page insurance within the critical "core" chapters. moreover, this version has been up to date all through to mirror advances in different languages, together with improved in-depth assurance of Sun's java.util.regex package deal, which has emerged because the ordinary Java regex implementation.Topics include:
- A comparability of good points between diverse types of many languages and tools
- How the normal expression engine works
- Optimization (major discount rates to be had here!)
- Matching simply what you will want, yet no longer what you do not want
- Sections and chapters on person languages
Written within the lucid, exciting tone that makes a fancy, dry subject develop into crystal-clear to programmers, and sprinkled with options to complicated real-world difficulties, Mastering standard Expressions, 3rd variation bargains a wealth details so you might positioned to immediateuse.
Reviews of this re-creation and the second one edition:
"There is not a greater (or extra valuable) e-book on hand on general expressions."
--Zak Greant, dealing with Director, eZ Systems
"A genuine tour-de-force of a ebook which not just covers the mechanics of regexes in awesome aspect but additionally talks approximately potency and using regexes in Perl, Java, and .NET...If you utilize ordinary expressions as a part of your specialist paintings (even should you have already got an outstanding publication on no matter what language you are programming in) i might strongly suggest this ebook to you."
--Dr. Chris Brown, Linux Format
"The writer does a superb task prime the reader from regexnovice to grasp. The e-book is intensely effortless to learn and chock complete ofuseful and suitable examples...Regular expressions are worthwhile toolsthat each developer must have of their toolbox. Mastering RegularExpressions is the definitive consultant to the topic, and an outstandingresource that belongs on each programmer's bookshelf. Ten out of TenHorseshoes."
--Jason Menard, Java Ranch
By Brian K. Jones
If you would like aid writing courses in Python three, or are looking to replace older Python 2 code, this e-book is simply the price tag. filled with functional recipes written and verified with Python 3.3, this special cookbook is for knowledgeable Python programmers who are looking to specialise in glossy instruments and idioms.
Inside, you’ll locate entire recipes for greater than a dozen issues, protecting the center Python language in addition to initiatives universal to a wide selection of software domain names. each one recipe comprises code samples you should use on your tasks instantly, besides a dialogue approximately how and why the answer works.
- Data buildings and Algorithms
- Strings and Text
- Numbers, Dates, and Times
- Iterators and Generators
- Files and I/O
- Data Encoding and Processing
- Classes and Objects
- Modules and Packages
- Network and internet Programming
- Utility Scripting and process Administration
- Testing, Debugging, and Exceptions
- C Extensions
By Brandon Rhodes
Foundations of Python community Programming, Third Edition, covers all the vintage subject matters present in the second one variation of this booklet, together with community protocols, community info and error, e mail, server structure, and HTTP and internet functions, plus updates for Python 3.
Some of the hot issues during this variation include:
• broad assurance of the up to date SSL help in Python 3
• how you can write your personal asynchronous I/O loop.
• an outline of the "asyncio" framework that includes Python 3.4.
• How the Flask internet framework connects URLs in your Python code.
• How cross-site scripting and cross-site request forgery can be utilized to assault your website, and the way to guard opposed to them.
• How a full-stack internet framework like Django can automate the around journey out of your database to the display and back.
If you are a Python programmer who wishes a deep figuring out of the way to take advantage of Python for network-related initiatives and functions, this can be the booklet for you. From net software builders, to platforms integrators, to process administrators—this e-book has every thing you might want to know.
What you’ll learn
• huge assurance of the up to date SSL aid in Python 3
• tips to write your individual asynchronous I/O loop.
• an summary of the "asyncio" framework that incorporates Python 3.4.
• How the Flask net framework connects URLs for your Python code.
• How cross-site scripting and cross-site request forgery can be utilized to assault your site, and the way to guard opposed to them.
• How a full-stack internet framework like Django can automate the around journey out of your database to the monitor and back.
• up to date insurance of community protocol layers and knowledge encodings
• How Python three works with community exception handling
• how one can use the requests library rather than urllib2
• extended insurance of Python net frameworks
• tips on how to paintings with internet purposes and email
Who this publication is for
if you are a Python programmer who wishes a deep knowing of the way to exploit Python for network-related initiatives and functions, this is often the booklet for you. From net software builders, to platforms integrators, to procedure administrators—this ebook has every thing it's essential know.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Client/Server Networking
- Socket Names and DNS
- Network information and community blunders
- TLS and SSL
- Server structure
- Caches, Message Queues, and Map-Reduce
- Screen Scraping
- Web functions
- E-mail Composition and deciphering
- Other technologies: Telnet, SSH, and FTP
- System management