By Mark Lutz
If you could have mastered Python's basics, you are ready to begin utilizing it to get actual paintings performed. Programming Python will express you the way, with in-depth tutorials at the language's basic software domain names: method management, GUIs, and the internet. you will additionally discover how Python is utilized in databases, networking, front-end scripting layers, textual content processing, and extra. This e-book makes a speciality of popular instruments and libraries to provide you a finished knowing of Python’s many jobs in sensible, real-world programming.
You'll study language syntax and programming concepts in a transparent and concise demeanour, with plenty of examples that illustrate either right utilization and customary idioms. thoroughly up to date for model 3.x, Programming Python additionally delves into the language as a software program improvement device, with many code examples scaled in particular for that purpose.
- Quick Python tour: construct an easy demo that comes with information illustration, object-oriented programming, item patience, GUIs, and site basics
- System programming: discover approach interface instruments and methods for command-line scripting, processing documents and folders, working courses in parallel, and more
- GUI programming: learn how to use Python’s tkinter widget library
- Internet programming: entry client-side community protocols and e-mail instruments, use CGI scripts, and research site implementation techniques
- More how one can follow Python: enforce info buildings, parse text-based details, interface with databases, and expand and embed Python
By Jason Andress, Ryan Linn
Tools used for penetration checking out are usually bought or downloaded from the net. every one device is predicated on a programming language reminiscent of Perl, Python, or Ruby. If a penetration tester desires to expand, increase, or swap the performance of a device to accomplish a try otherwise than the default configuration, the tester needs to be aware of the fundamentals of coding for the similar programming language. Coding for Penetration Testers offers the reader with an figuring out of the scripting languages which are well-known whilst constructing instruments for penetration checking out. It additionally publications the reader via particular examples of customized software improvement and the events the place such instruments should be used. whereas constructing a greater figuring out of every language, the reader is guided via real-world situations and gear improvement that may be integrated right into a tester's toolkit.
- Discusses using numerous scripting languages in penetration testing
- Presents step by step directions on the right way to construct personalized penetration trying out instruments utilizing Perl, Ruby, Python, and different languages
- Provides a primer on scripting together with, yet no longer constrained to, internet scripting, scanner scripting, and exploitation scripting
By Bill Lubanovic
Easy to appreciate and enjoyable to learn, Introducing Python is perfect for starting programmers in addition to these new to the language. writer invoice Lubanovic takes you from the fundamentals to extra concerned and sundry subject matters, blending tutorials with cookbook-style code recipes to provide an explanation for techniques in Python three. End-of-chapter workouts assist you perform what you’ve learned.
You’ll achieve a robust origin within the language, together with most sensible practices for trying out, debugging, code reuse, and different improvement tips. This publication additionally exhibits you the way to take advantage of Python for functions in enterprise, technological know-how, and the humanities, utilizing quite a few Python instruments and open resource packages.
- Learn basic information varieties, and simple arithmetic and textual content operations
- Use data-wrangling suggestions with Python’s integrated facts structures
- Explore Python code constitution, together with using functions
- Write huge courses in Python, with modules and packages
- Dive into gadgets, sessions, and different object-oriented features
- Examine garage from flat records to relational databases and NoSQL
- Use Python to construct internet consumers, servers, APIs, and services
- Manage method projects reminiscent of courses, techniques, and threads
- Understand the fundamentals of concurrency and community programming
By Vineeth G. Nair
Enhance your internet scraping talents with attractive Soup
About This Book
- Learn in regards to the positive aspects of lovely Soup with Python
- Understand tips to use an easy way to extract info from web content utilizing appealing Soup and the Python urllib2 module
- Master looking out, navigation, content material amendment, encoding, and output tools speedy and efficiently
- Try out the instance code and familiarize yourself with attractive Soup easily
Who This publication Is For
Getting all started with appealing Soup is superb for anyone who's drawn to web site scraping and extracting details. in spite of the fact that, a simple wisdom of Python, HTML tags, and CSS is needed for higher understanding.
What you'll Learn
- Learn how one can scrape HTML pages from websites
- Implement an easy way to scrape any site with assistance from developer instruments, the Python urllib2 module, and gorgeous Soup
- Learn how you can look for details inside of an HTML/XML page
- Modify the contents of an HTML tree
- Understand encoding aid in appealing Soup
- Learn concerning the forms of output formatting
Beautiful Soup is a Python library designed for fast turnaround initiatives like screen-scraping. attractive Soup offers a couple of easy tools and Pythonic idioms for navigating, looking out, and editing a parse tree: a toolkit for dissecting a record and extracting what you wish with out writing extra code for an program. It does not take a lot code to put in writing an program utilizing appealing Soup.
Getting begun with appealing Soup is a realistic consultant to appealing Soup utilizing Python. The publication begins via strolling you thru the set up of every and each characteristic of lovely Soup utilizing uncomplicated examples which come with pattern Python codes in addition to diagrams and screenshots anyplace required for higher figuring out. The e-book discusses the issues of the way precisely you will get info out of an internet site and offers a simple resolution with the aid of a true web site and pattern code.
Getting all started with appealing Soup is going over the various how to set up appealing Soup in either Linux and home windows platforms. you'll then find out about looking out, navigating, content material amendment, encoding aid, and output formatting with the aid of examples and pattern Python codes for every instance that you can try out them out to get a greater realizing. This publication is a pragmatic consultant for scraping info from any site. with the intention to easy methods to successfully scrape pages from web content, then this e-book is for you.
By Katie Cunningham
In simply 24 periods of 1 hour or much less, Sams train your self Python in 24 Hours may help you start quick, grasp the entire middle thoughts of programming, and construct something from web pages to video games. utilizing this book’s uncomplicated, step by step procedure, you’ll stream from absolutely the fundamentals via features, items, sessions, modules, database integration, and extra. each lesson and case research software builds on what you’ve already discovered, supplying you with a rock-solid starting place for real-world success!
Step-by-step directions rigorously stroll you thru the commonest Python improvement tasks.
Quizzes and routines on the finish of every bankruptcy assist you try out your knowledge.
Notes current fascinating info relating to the discussion.
Tips provide suggestion or convey you more straightforward how one can practice tasks.
Warnings provide you with a warning to attainable difficulties and provides you suggestion on tips to stay away from them.
Learn how to…
Install and run the precise model of Python on your working system
Store, manage, reformat, mix, and arrange information
Create common sense to regulate how courses run and what they do
Interact with clients or different courses, anywhere they are
Save time and increase reliability through growing reusable functions
Master Python facts forms: numbers, textual content, lists, and dictionaries
Write object-oriented courses that paintings higher and are more uncomplicated to improve
Expand Python sessions to lead them to much more powerful
Use third-party modules to accomplish advanced projects with out writing new code
Split courses to lead them to extra maintainable and reusable
Clearly record your code so others can paintings with it
Store information in SQLite databases, write queries, and proportion information through JSON
Simplify Python net improvement with the Flask framework
Quickly software Python video games with PyGame
Avoid, troubleshoot, and fasten issues of your code
By Doug Hellmann
“Hellmann’s writing has develop into an crucial source for me and so on because it fills a severe hole in Python Documentation with examples.”
– Jesse Noller, Python middle Developer and PSF Board Member
Master the strong Python general Library via actual Code Examples
The Python common Library includes 1000's of modules for interacting with the working approach, interpreter, and Internet–all generally proven and able to jump-start your software improvement. The Python usual Library by means of instance (2 quantity Set) introduces nearly each very important quarter of the Python 2.7 library via concise, stand-alone resource code/output examples, designed for simple studying and reuse.
Building on his renowned Python Module of the Week blog sequence, writer and Python specialist Doug Hellmann makes a speciality of “showing” now not “telling.” He explains code habit via downloadable examples that absolutely exhibit every one feature.
You’ll locate functional code for operating with textual content, information kinds, algorithms, math, dossier platforms, networking, the net, XML, electronic mail, cryptography, concurrency, runtime and language companies, and masses extra. every one part totally covers one module, and hyperlinks to important extra assets, making this booklet a fantastic instructional and reference. assurance includes
Manipulating textual content with string, textwrap, re, and difflib
Implementing information constructions: collections, array, queue, struct, replica, and more
Reading, writing, and manipulating documents and directories
Regular expression development matching
Exchanging info and delivering for endurance Archiving and knowledge compression
Managing techniques and threads
Using software “building blocks”: parsing command-line thoughts, prompting for passwords, scheduling occasions, and logging
Testing, debugging, and compilation
Controlling runtime configuration
Using module and package deal utilities
If you’re new to Python, this ebook will quick provide you with entry to an entire new international of performance. If you’ve labored with Python sooner than, you’ll detect new, robust ideas and higher how one can use the modules you’ve already tried.
The fast Python e-book, moment Edition, is a transparent, concise advent to Python three, aimed toward programmers new to Python. This up to date version contains all of the alterations in Python three, itself an important shift from previous types of Python.
The publication starts with simple yet priceless courses that educate the middle positive factors of syntax, regulate move, and information constructions. It then strikes to bigger functions related to code administration, object-oriented programming, net improvement, and changing code from prior models of Python.
True to his viewers of skilled builders, the writer covers universal programming language positive factors concisely, whereas giving extra aspect to these good points special to Python.
buy of the print publication comes with a suggestion of a loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle booklet from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the ebook.
In basics OF PYTHON: FROM FIRST courses via information buildings, Washington and Lee college professor Kenneth A. Lambert offers all the vital subject matters in CS1 and CS2 in a single quantity. This comparatively cheap structure offers teachers with a constant method of educating introductory programming and knowledge constructions over a regular two-term path series. The ebook makes use of the Python programming language, that's either effortless to profit for newcomers and scales good to complicated functions.
By Mark Summerfield
A totally Revised variation that includes New fabric on Coroutines, Debugging, checking out, Parsing, String Formatting, and More
Python three is the easiest model of the language but: it truly is extra strong, handy, constant, and expressive than ever earlier than. Now, major Python programmer Mark Summerfield demonstrates the way to write code that takes complete benefit of Python 3's beneficial properties and idioms. Programming in Python three, moment variation, brings jointly all of the wisdom you want to write any software, use any typical or third-party Python three library, and create new library modules of your own.
Summerfield attracts on his decades of Python event to percentage deep insights into Python three improvement you will not locate anyplace else. He starts off by means of illuminating Python's "beautiful heart": the 8 key components of Python you must write powerful, high-performance courses. construction on those center components, he introduces new issues designed to reinforce your functional expertise-one notion and hands-on instance at a time. insurance includes
- Developing in Python utilizing procedural, objectoriented, and practical programming paradigms
- Creating customized applications and modules
- Writing and analyzing binary, textual content, and XML records, together with not obligatory compression, random entry, and textual content and XML parsing
- Leveraging complicated info forms, collections, keep watch over constructions, and features
- Spreading application workloads throughout a number of procedures and threads
- Programming SQL databases and key--value DBM records
- Debugging techniques-and utilizing try out pushed improvement to prevent insects within the first position
- Utilizing Python's standard expression mini-language and module
- Parsing recommendations, together with how you can use the third-party PyParsing and PLY modules
- Building usable, effective, GUI-based purposes
- Advanced programming recommendations, together with turbines, functionality and sophistication decorators, context managers, descriptors, summary base periods, metaclasses, coroutines, and more
Programming in Python three, moment variation, serves as either instructional and language reference. It assumes a few previous programming event, and is followed via broad downloadable instance code-all of it proven with Python three on home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. This version covers Python 3.0 and 3.1, and thanks to the Python language moratorium it's also legitimate for Python 3.2 which has an analogous language as Python 3.1.
By Steven F. Lott
Analyze, encrypt, and discover intelligence info utilizing Python, the fundamental software for all aspiring mystery agents
About This Book
- Build a toolbox of Python devices for password restoration, foreign money conversion, and civic facts hacking
- Use steganography to conceal mystery messages in images
- Get to grips with geocoding to discover villains' mystery lairs
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a Python newbie who's trying to examine the language via fascinating initiatives, this ebook is for you. A uncomplicated wisdom of programming and records is useful to get the main out of the book.
What you are going to Learn
- Quickly become familiar with utilizing Python to create instruments and resolve problems
- Manipulate photo documents and methods to encode messages into a picture utilizing steganography
- Gather a file's hidden secrets and techniques, corresponding to EXIF facts and ZIP archive contents
- Build functions that entry, filter out, and research dwell information from the Web
- Design Python modules, libraries, and applications
- Customize your Python setting with really expert packages
- Extract facts utilizing HTTP and FTP internetworking protocols
Python is an easy-to-learn and extensible programming language that enables mystery brokers to paintings with a wide selection of knowledge in a few methods. It offers newbies an easy solution to commence programming, yet Python's average library additionally offers a variety of programs that permit Python-using mystery brokers to simply make the most of very refined info processing.
This booklet will advisor new box agent trainees via placing jointly a Python-based toolset to assemble, examine, and speak information. It starts off by means of protecting the fundamentals after which strikes directly to sections resembling dossier trade, snapshot processing, geocoding, basic trigonometry, and extra delicate statistical processing. you are going to then find out how to use polynomials to encode and decode info in numerous representations. in addition, this booklet indicates you the way so as to add instruments to a Python atmosphere, paintings with photos, and parse HTML web content to extract significant facts. the assumption of including programs to Python is principal to how an agent will leverage those instruments for facts processing.