By Eldon Alameda
You've heard approximately this impressive internet framework referred to as Ruby on Rails that is taken the realm by means of hurricane, yet concept it was once means too complicated for you? imagine again.
Foundation Rails 2 takes you thru your first steps in Rails, explaining in simple English tips on how to begin development dynamic net purposes. and there is by no means been a greater time to leap in to the Rails global, because the unencumber of Rails 2 used to be an enormous evolutionary step forward from earlier versions.
Unlike different Rails books, this ebook does not throw you into the deep finish right now within the hopes that you will learn how to swim. as a substitute, we are going to start with the fundamentals and continuously extend your wisdom till, through the tip of the e-book, we are construction a Rails program with dynamic positive factors similar to consumer registration, geocoding, filtering effects with AJAX, RSS feeds, and an XML interface. in the meantime, we are going to speak about the real matters that different books frequently miss equivalent to checking out your application's code, securing your software from hackers, optimizing your code for the simplest functionality, and naturally, deploying your application.
This e-book takes a centred method of guiding you thru knowing how the items of Rails paintings separately and the way they healthy jointly. rather than emphasizing dull theoretical discussions, Foundation Rails 2 helps you to get your palms soiled with the framework and examine the hows and whys of Rails swifter than ever.
We begin with a journey of what makes Rails specific and why you want to research it, stream right into a mild advent to the excessive issues of programming in Ruby, after which take a journey of a pattern Rails program. subsequent, we dig deeper into the center elements of Rails prior to development a whole Rails program jointly. by way of the top of this ebook, not just will you understand how to construct Rails functions yet you will comprehend the explanations at the back of what you do.
By Christopher Schmitt, Kyle Simpson
Each informative recipe contains pattern code and a close dialogue on why and the way the answer works. ideal for intermediate to complex internet and cellular net builders, this useful booklet helps you to select the HTML5 positive factors that paintings for you—and is helping you scan with the rest.
- Test browsers for HTML5 help, and use thoughts for utilizing unsupported features
- Discover how HTML5 makes internet shape implementation a lot simpler
- Overcome demanding situations for enforcing local audio and video elements
- Learn strategies for utilizing HTML5 with ARIA accessibility guidelines
- Explore examples that conceal utilizing geolocation information on your applications
- Draw pictures, use transparencies, upload gradients and styles, and extra with Canvas
By Kristina Halvorson, Melissa Rach
FROM consistent main issue TO SUSTAINABLE SUCCESS
higher content material potential larger enterprise. Your content material is a multitude: the web site redesigns didn’t aid, and the hot CMS simply made issues worse. Or, possibly your content material is filled with power: you recognize new profit and cost-savings possibilities exist, yet you’re unsure the place to begin. how will you detect the price of content material whereas making plans for its long term success?
For firms around the globe, content material process for the net is the go-to content material approach instruction manual. learn it to:
- Understand content material procedure and its enterprise worth
- Discover the strategies and folks in the back of a profitable content material procedure
- Make smarter, feasible judgements approximately what content material to create and the way
- Find out the way to construct a company case for content material strategy
With all-new chapters, up-to-date fabric, case stories, and extra, the second one version of content material process for the net is a vital advisor for somebody who works with content material.
Meteor is a whole stack program platform that makes it effortless to construct strong, actual time net apps speedy. Introducing Meteor publications you thru development most excellent internet apps in a fragment of the time utilizing an program platform outfitted for the fashionable net. This ebook takes you from fitting the improvement surroundings all through deploying a dwell app, and every thing in between. Introducing Meteor covers the best way to construct a prototype app in days rather than weeks; easy methods to reap the benefits of reactive templates; leverage the masses of clever applications on hand; and hire most sensible practices and stay away from universal error made via newbies. Meteor promises the instruments you must construct greater apps swifter.
Web apps have come far because the Nineteen Nineties, yet they nonetheless require loads of time, really good wisdom and intricate setups. Introducing Meteor exhibits you a greater way.
Get a leap commence on Responsive website design today!
Responsive website design is redefining the best way web content are designed, permitting you to craft web pages that bring unparalleled reports for your clients - whether or not they occur to be utilizing a machine workstation, pill or cellular gadget.
In only one weekend with this SitePoint publication, you will learn the way to:
- Use media queries to maximise site usability
- Harness the ability of fluid grids
- Use dynamic photos to instantly scale and choose applicable images
Plus you will find easy methods to use responsive content material and a cellular first approach.
By Adrian Holovaty, Jacob Kaplan-Moss
This most modern variation of The Definitive advisor to Django is up-to-date for Django 1.1, and, with the forward–compatibility make sure that Django now presents, may still function the final word instructional and reference for this renowned framework for years yet to come.
Django, the Python–based comparable to Ruby’s Rails net improvement framework, is likely one of the most well liked issues in net improvement this day. Lead developer Jacob Kaplan–Moss and Django writer Adrian Holovaty express you ways they use this framework to create award–winning sites by means of guiding you thru the construction of an online software equivalent to ChicagoCrime.org.
The Definitive advisor to Django is damaged into 3 elements, with the 1st introducing Django basics similar to set up and configuration, and growing the parts that jointly strength a Django–driven site. the second one half delves into the extra subtle good points of Django, together with outputting non–HTML content material reminiscent of RSS feeds and PDFs, caching, and consumer administration. The appendixes function an in depth connection with Django’s many configuration concepts and instructions.
What you’ll learn
- The first half this e-book explains intensive the right way to construct net purposes utilizing Django together with the fundamentals of dynamic web content, the Django templating process interacting with databases, and net varieties.
- The moment 1/2 this ebook discusses higher-level techniques similar to caching, defense, and the way to installation Django.
- The appendixes shape a reference for the instructions and configurations on hand in Django.
Who this ebook is for
an individual who desires to use the strong Django framework to construct dynamic websites fast and simply.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Django
- Getting begun
- Views and URLconfs
- The Django Admin website
- Advanced perspectives and URLconfs
- Advanced Templates
- Advanced versions
- Generic perspectives
- Deploying Django
- Generating Non-HTML content material
- Sessions, clients, and Registration
- Integrating with Legacy Databases and purposes
By Derek DeVries, Mike Naberezny
As a Hypertext Preprocessor developer, you have got a few nice instruments for constructing net purposes. Ruby on Rails is one other key device so as to add on your net improvement toolbox. Rails is a high-level net improvement framework that emphasizes excessive productiveness and fresh code. despite the fact that, the Ruby language and Rails framework take a distinct method from the best way many Hypertext Preprocessor builders write applications.
Ruby lies on the starting place of Rails, and we are going to educate you the Ruby language from the start through construction in your latest starting place of personal home page. we will discover Ruby via parallel code examples that illustrate the diversities among the languages, and assist you comprehend the Ruby idioms and the way they vary from well known Hypertext Preprocessor code and style.
You'll then study the Rails framework via iteratively development a whole program, ranging from the house web page via to a complete product. alongside the way in which, you will construct your abilities as a Rails developer by way of studying the Rails basics akin to MVC constitution, area modeling, and testing.
In addition to serving as a advisor to studying either Ruby and Rails from a personal home page developer's standpoint, this e-book contains large reference chapters. They map the commonest personal home page projects to their equivalents within the Ruby and Rails global, supplying you with at-a-glance details that you will seek advice from often.
The final advisor to WordPress issues - one of many most popular subject matters on the internet today
- WordPress is a lot more than a running a blog platform, and Smashing WordPress topics teaches readers how one can make it glance any method they prefer - from a company website, to a images gallery and more
- WordPress is without doubt one of the most well liked instruments on the net this day and is utilized by websites together with the hot York instances, Rolling Stone, flickr, CNN, NASA and naturally Smashing Magazine
- Beautiful complete color all through - net designers anticipate not anything less
- Smashing journal will totally support this book by via selling it via their site and on twitter feeds
By Josh Clark, Jeremy Keith, Peter-Paul Koch, Stephanie Rieger, Trent Walton, Brad Frost, Dave Olsen, Dennis Kardys
Our fresh revealed cellular e-book beneficial properties crucial issues you want to comprehend as a dressmaker, developer or cellular strategist in your web pages. You’ll dive deep into the peculiarities of the cellular undefined, discover responsive layout process, layout styles and optimization recommendations, know about wireframing and prototyping for cellular in addition to the information for designing with gestures and contact. As an additional, the ebook offers insights into the preferred structures akin to iOS, home windows cellphone and so on. in addition to introduces constructing and debugging suggestions for complicated HTML5 internet applications.
Table of Contents
- Foreword through Jeremy Keith
PART I—THE cellular LANDSCAPE
- What’s happening In cellular? by way of Peter-Paul Koch
- the way forward for cellular by way of Stephanie Rieger
PART II—RESPONSIVE net DESIGN
- Responsive layout procedure by means of Trent Walton
- Responsive layout styles via Brad Frost
- Optimizing For cellular via Dave Olson
PART III—UX layout FOR MOBILE
- Hands-On layout For cellular by means of Dennis Kardys
- Designing For contact by means of Josh Clark