By Wynn Netherland
Sass and Compass in Action is the definitive advisor to stylesheet authoring utilizing those innovative instruments. Written for either designers and builders, this e-book demonstrates the facility of either Sass and Compass via a sequence of examples that tackle universal discomfort issues linked to conventional stylesheet authoring. The ebook starts off with uncomplicated issues equivalent to CSS resets and strikes directly to extra concerned issues akin to grid frameworks and CSS3 seller implementation differences.
About this Book
For 15 years, we've got been utilizing CSS to patiently paint the internet through hand. not more! Sass and Compass upload scripting and a library of elements to straightforward CSS so that you can simplify stylesheet authoring, automate tedious initiatives, and upload dynamic styling beneficial properties on your pages. contemplate Sass and Compass as energy instruments that let you paint with awesome pace and precision.
Sass and Compass in Action is a hands-on consultant to stylesheet authoring utilizing those progressive instruments. This functional e-book indicates you ways to dispose of universal CSS soreness issues and focus on making your pages pop. you are going to start with uncomplicated subject matters like CSS resets after which development to extra vast demanding situations like development a private stylesheet framework to package and reuse your individual ways and opinions.
Purchase of the print publication features a unfastened e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
- CSS for machine and cellular net apps
- Loaded with examples and reusable techniques
- Authors are Sass and Compass creators and center crew members
About the Authors
Wynn Netherland is an entire stack net developer who co hosts The Changelog Podcast. Chris Eppstein is the author of Compass and a member of the Sass center staff. Brandon Mathis is a passionate specialist net fashion designer with deep Sass talents. Nathan Weizenbaum is the writer and lead developer of Sass.
Table of Contents
- Sass and Compass make stylesheets enjoyable again
- easy Sass syntax
- CSS grids with out the math
- cast off the mundane utilizing Compass
- CSS3 with Compass
- From prototype to production
- High-performance stylesheets
- Scripting with Sass
- growing and sharing a Compass extension
PART 1: GETTING accustomed to SASS AND COMPASS
PART 2: utilizing SASS AND COMPASS IN PRACTICE
PART three: TUNING FOR PRODUCTION
PART four: complex SASS AND COMPASS
By Smashing Magazine
Smashing e-book #3 is a qualified consultant on the best way to redecorate web content, however it additionally introduces a complete new frame of mind for revolutionary website design. The e-book demanding situations you to imagine otherwise approximately your paintings and should switch how you layout web pages forever.
By Thomas Deuling
Develop net purposes successfully with the Aptana Studio three IDE
- Learn how effortless it really is to put in Aptana Studio three and tailor it completely in your needs.
- Dive into vital features with Aptana Studio three corresponding to workspaces and projects.
- Work with Aptana Studio in a wide disbursed Team.
"Aptana Studio Beginner's advisor" is full of the author's event of numerous years constructing with Aptana Studio. it is not only a robust advisor, it is a useful, hands-on creation to Aptana Studio as a complete. which will harness Aptana Studio to augment your web-development productiveness, then learn this book.
You will begin via establishing your personal install of Aptana Studio, and should be guided step by step during the a number of levels of constructing with Aptana Studio.
You will the way to deal with all of your paintings in workspaces and initiatives, and the way you could optimize your tasks counting on the character of the project.
In addition, you'll be taught the best way to paintings on distant servers or deal with your resource code with Git and SVN.
Finally, you may have an absolutely configured IDE and be built with the information approximately the best way to paintings and deal with huge web-projects.
What you are going to study from this book
- Set up your individual set up of Aptana Studio.
- Dive into Aptana Studio and examine all approximately workspaces, views, and projects.
- Manage your resource with Git and SVN.
- Work on PHP-Projects.
Accompanied through the lots of instance code and step by step directions, this publication will enhance you from a amateur to knowledgeable in no time.
Who this booklet is written for
Could be shipped from US. fresh replica.
By Aristides S. Bouras, Loukia V. Ainarozidou
This e-book is for a person who desires to study machine programming and is familiar with totally not anything approximately it. in fact, while you are thinking about no matter if this publication goes to coach you the way to create notable web pages or excellent functions, the answer's "no"—that is a task for different books.
So many books available in the market can train you these abilities in Hypertext Preprocessor, Java, C++, or C#. lots of them even declare that they could train you in 24 hours! Don’t chortle! They most likely can do this, yet them all take something for granted—that the reader is familiar with a few fundamentals approximately laptop programming. None of these books, regrettably, bothers to educate you the very first thing amateur programmer must research, that's "Algorithmic Thinking."
Algorithmic considering includes greater than simply studying code. it's a challenge fixing method that contains studying how one can code.
With over 800 pages, and containing greater than three hundred solved and four hundred unsolved workouts, over 450 true/false, a hundred and fifty a number of selection, and a hundred and eighty evaluate questions (the suggestions and the solutions to which are came upon at the Internet), this booklet is perfect for college students, academics, professors, newcomers or normal programmers, or for a person who desires to commence studying or instructing computing device programming utilizing the right kind conventions and methods.
Quickly construct appealing, uncomplicated net purposes utilizing Oracle's loose ADF necessities toolkit
- Quickly construct compete functions with enterprise companies, web page flows, and data-bound pages with no programming
- Use Java to enforce any company rule or program logic
- Choose definitely the right structure for prime productiveness and maintainability
- Follow a standard instance software that illustrates the major suggestions in the course of the book
With ADF, Oracle promises the opportunity to take advantage of the robust software utilized by Oracle’s personal builders. glossy company purposes needs to be effortless, visually beautiful, and quick appearing. Oracle Fusion purposes are only that; yet to get the specified output you wish confirmed how to use this robust and versatile instrument to be successful in constructing your small business applications.
"Developing internet functions with Oracle ADF necessities" explains all you must be aware of to be able to construct handsome, straight forward functions on a totally unfastened know-how stack. It explains the hugely effective, declarative improvement technique that may actually have your program operating inside a couple of hours, in addition to how you can use Java so as to add company logic.
"Developing internet functions with Oracle ADF necessities" tells you the way to boost and installation internet program functions in keeping with the hugely effective and unfastened Oracle ADF necessities framework. you are going to first the right way to construct enterprise prone on best of database tables, after which easy methods to simply construct an online software utilizing those prone. you will discover how one can visually layout the move via your program with ADF job flows, and the way to exploit Java programming to enforce company good judgment. utilizing this booklet, you can begin development and deploying complicated net purposes on a strong, unfastened platform quickly.
Towards the top, you'll be able to construct real-world ADF necessities purposes and may have the capacity to think of your self an ADF necessities journeyman.
What you'll study from this book
- Set up a whole, unfastened improvement atmosphere with MySQL, GlassFish, JDeveloper, and ADF Essentials
- Create company prone in response to database tables – with no programming
- Visually layout your software with ADF job flows
- Build program pages with complicated person interface parts, instantly mapping them to company services
- Add company good judgment with ordinary Java programming, operating with consumer interface components and database data
- Divide your program into reusable ADF libraries for effective improvement in higher teams
- Debug your software via all layers of the architecture
- Implement role-based security
- Set up computerized construct processes
- Package and installation your program to check and creation environments
"Developing net purposes with Oracle ADF necessities" covers the fundamentals of Oracle ADF after which works via extra complicated issues comparable to debugging and logging beneficial properties and JAAS safety in JDeveloper because the reader earnings extra talents. This publication will persist with an educational method, utilizing a pragmatic instance, with the content material and projects getting tougher throughout.
By Estelle Weyl
Add lifestyles and intensity for your internet purposes and increase person event throughout the discrete use of CSS transitions and animations. With this concise consultant, you’ll how one can make web page parts flow or switch in visual appeal, even if you need to realistically jump a ball, progressively extend a drop-down menu, or just convey awareness to a component while clients hover over it.
Short and deep, this e-book is an excerpt from the impending fourth version of CSS: The Definitive Guide. in the event you buy both the print or the publication variation of Transitions and Animations in CSS, you’ll obtain a coupon at the whole Definitive Guide as soon as it’s published. Why wait? how you can make your web content come alive today.
- Understand and easy methods to enforce Disney’s 12 ideas of caricature animation
- Learn which CSS homes you could animate and use in transitions
- Apply CSS’s 4 transition houses and 9 animation homes in your CSS elements
- Use CSS keyframe animations to granularly regulate an element’s estate values
By Clarissa Peterson
Deliver an optimum person adventure to all devices—including drugs, smartphones, function telephones, laptops, and big screens—by studying the fundamentals of responsive website design. during this hands-on consultant, UX dressmaker Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive website design works, and takes you thru a responsive workflow from venture kickoff to website launch.
Ideal for an individual all for the method of making websites—not simply developers—this publication teaches you primary techniques and strategies for utilizing HTML and CSS to layout web pages that not just adapt to any reveal dimension, but additionally use revolutionary enhancement to supply a greater person adventure in response to equipment functions reminiscent of touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content material technique sooner than making a visible design
- Learn why your default layout might be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML components and CSS homes crucial for responsive net design
- Use media queries to demonstrate various CSS kinds in accordance with a device’s viewport width
- Handle components akin to pictures, typography, and navigation
- Use functionality optimization options to make your website lighter and faster
Whether you’re sharing facts among inner platforms or construction an API in order that clients can entry their facts, this sensible advisor has every thing you want to construct APIs with Hypertext Preprocessor. writer Lorna Jane Mitchell presents plenty of hands-on code samples, real-world examples, and suggestion according to her vast event to lead you thru the process—from the underlying idea to tools for making your carrier robust.
You’ll easy methods to use this language to paintings with JSON, XML, and different net provider applied sciences. This up to date moment version comprises new instruments and contours that mirror Hypertext Preprocessor updates and alterations at the Web.
- Explore HTTP, from the request/response cycle to its verbs, headers, and cookies
- Work with and put up webhooks—user-defined HTTP callbacks
- Determine even if JSON or XML is the simplest facts layout in your application
- Get suggestion for operating with RPC, cleaning soap, and RESTful services
- Use numerous instruments and strategies for debugging HTTP net services
- Choose the carrier that works most sensible in your program, and the right way to make it robust
- Document your API—and the right way to layout it to deal with errors
By Filip Wojcieszyn
ASP.NET net API 2 Recipes will give you the code to unravel a whole diversity of net API difficulties and query marks that you just may perhaps face whilst constructing line-of-business purposes. ASP.NET internet API 2 Recipes can provide an in-depth cause of each one of those eventualities and indicates you the way to take advantage of net API with an unlimited array of .NET program improvement instruments and exterior libraries, to resolve universal enterprise difficulties. learn how you could construct customized net companies with ASP.NET net API extra successfully than ever.